Unpacked Part 2 – Samsung Introduces the Galaxy Z Fold2
Samsung, during the Unpacked Part 2 event, unveiled the next generation of its category-defining foldable device, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2.
Packed with enhanced refinements and meaningful innovations, the Galaxy Z Fold2 delivers new foldable experiences. With a larger Cover Screen and massive Main Screen, the Z Fold2 combines solid design and expert craftsmanship. It has intuitive new features for a unique mobile experience that offers the versatility that everyday life demands.
“Our journey towards the next generation of mobile devices is full of originality and innovation,”said Dr. TM Roh, President and Head of Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics.
“With the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2, we closely listened to user feedback to ensure we were bringing meaningful improvements to the hardware, while also developing new innovations to enhance the user experience. Further strengthened by our industry-leading partnerships with Google and Microsoft, we’re reshaping and redefining the possibilities of the mobile device experience.”he added.
New Refined Design
The new foldable phone pairs bold design with advanced engineering. Making you can feel confident using it every day.
- Complete and Immersive Content Experiences – Sporting a 6.2-inch Infinity-O Cover Screen, it provides maximum usability. The massive 7.6-inch Main Screen immerses you with a 120Hz adaptable refresh rate for smooth scrolling and gameplay. To complete the experience, the device comes with the best dynamic sound available on a Galaxy device to date
- Solid Design and Expert Craftsmanship maximum usability – The Z Fold2 is re-engineered with a sleek, unified design that delivers a smooth, high-end feel. Samsung Ultra Thin Glass is now on the Main Screen, providing a more premium and refined feel for the display. Its design is anchored by the Hideaway Hinge, which fits seamlessly into the device body. It has the CAM mechanism and enables free standing capabilities that power all new Flex mode experiences. The Z Fold2 also employs sweeper technology, first introduced on the Galaxy Z Flip.
Capture and View Exactly How You Want
The innovative foldable form factor is taken to the next level with unique mobile experiences. The Galaxy Z Fold2 pairs Flex Mode with App Continuity to provide expanded usability, crossing the boundary between the Cover and Main Screen. This gives the flexibility to create or view content to your exact preference, from folded to unfolded.
- A Device that is as Flexible and Productive as You Are – With Flex mode, it’s now easier than ever to capture content and review in real time. With Capture View Mode, now you won’t have to leave the Camera app.
- Features to Support Your Creativity – Using the Main and Cover Screen at the same time with Dual Preview, both parties can see what’s being captured. With its flexibility, you can now also take a high-quality selfie with the rear cameras with the Cover Screen acting as the viewfinder.
- Flagship Camera Features – The Galaxy Z Fold2’s cameras also offer flagship-level camera quality and control. With Pro Video mode, Single Take, Bright Night, and Night Mode, the Galaxy Z Fold2 helps you capture the moment in stunning quality.
Maximize Every Moment
Get the most out of your day by tailoring the Galaxy Z Fold2’s tablet-sized Main Screen to fit in with your working style.
- Seamless Multitasking – The advanced Multi-Active Window can be used to control your screen layout with more ease and flexibility. With an improved Multi-Window Tray, you can open multiple apps at once with the integration of App Pair and the Edge Panel. With drag and drop, you can drag text, images, and documents from one app to another. Now, you can also quickly screen capture in one app and transfer the captured image into another seamlessly with Split Screen Capture.
- Optimized App Interactions to Support Your Flow – Choose the most optimized UI on the Main Screen to suit your needs.
- Optimized App Display – Maximize every moment in your daily life and upgrade the viewing experience of your favorite apps, including Gmail, YouTube and Spotify.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 Specifications
|Dimensions||Folded: 68.0 x 159.2 x 16.8 mm|
Unfolded: 128.2 x 159.2 x 6.9 mm
|CPU||Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+|
|Display||Main Screen: 7.6-inch QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity Flex Display, 2208 x 1768|
Cover Screen: 6.2-inch HD+ Super AMOLED Display, 2260 x 816
|Rear Camera||Front Camera: 10MP Selfie Camera, f/2.2|
|Front Camera||Cover Camera: 10MP Selfie Camera, f/2.2|
Rear Triple Camera:
12MP Ultra Wide Camera, f/2.2
12MP Wide-angle Camera, f/1.8
12MP Telephoto Camera, f/2.4
|Other Features||Wireless PowerShare,|
Capacitive Fingerprint sensor (side),
Surround sound with Dolby Atmos technology
Availability and Pricing
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 comes in Mystic Black, and Mystic Bronze. It will be available in the Philippines starting September 25, 2020 for select Samsung Online Partners and October 2, 2020 for select Authorized Samsung Stores. Pre-orders starts from September 12 until 24, 2020. No local pricing announced as of yet.