The LG G6 was just recently unveiled at the Mobile World congress. The device is not a modular phone much like its predecessor. So what’s new?
Smartphone designs these days tend increase screen size by either reducing the bezels, or going bezel-less. LG did just that and reduce the bezels significantly to make room for their 5.7” LCD screen with a resolution of 2880 x 1440, giving it an 18:9 aspect ratio.
LG G6 Specifications
- Dimensions – 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9 mm
- Weight – 163 g
- Display – 5.7” 18:9 QHD, 2880 x 1440, 564 ppi
- CPU – Qualcomm Snapdragon 821
- Memory – 4 GB
- Storage – 32 GB (expandable up to 2 TB via microSD)
- Rear Cam – Dual camera setup (13MP Wide f/2.4 + 13MP standard OIS 2.0 f/1.8)
- Front Cam – 5MP Wide f/2.2
- Battery – 3300 mAh
- OS – Android 7.0 Nougat
Aside from having a wider screen and a dual rear camera configuration, the LG G6 is also waterproof dust-resistant and water-resistant. With a rating of IP68, it can be submerged under water up to 1 meter. There is also a fingerprint scanner at the back of the phone.