At CES 2022, Intel had announced the world’s fastest mobile processor with its new 12th Gen Intel Core mobile processors.
Intel is bringing its performance hybrid architecture to mobile platforms for the first time. And they will be 40% faster that the previous generation mobile processors. 28 new 12th Gen Intel Core mobile processors were introduced. The lineup us also the most scalable to date. They power designs across consumer, enterprise, the Internet of Things (IoT), and other applications.
“Intel‘s new performance hybrid architecture is helping to accelerate the pace of innovation and the future of compute. And, with the introduction of 12th Gen Intel Core mobile processors, we are unlocking new experiences and setting the standard of performance with the fastest processor for a laptop – ever.”Said Gregory Bryant, executive vice president and general manager of Intel’s Client Computing Group.
Introducing the 12th Gen Intel Core Mobile Processors
The launch of the all-new 12th Gen Intel Core H-series mobile processors was led by the Intel Core i9-12900HK. It is not only the world’s best mobile platform, but is also the fastest mobile processor ever created.
The processors are composed of Performance-cores (P-cores) and Efficient-cores (E-cores). They are paired together with intelligent workload prioritization and management distribution. This is done through Intel Thread Director, which improves system performance across single and multi-threaded applications.
Based on the Intel 7 process, the mew 12th Gen H-series processors offer:
- Up to 5 GHz frequencies, 14 cores (6 P-cores and 8 E-cores) and 12 threads.
- Up to 28% faster gaming that the previous mobile gaming leader in the market, and up to 43% higher performance in 3D rendering gen-over-gen.
- Broad memory support for DDR5/LPDDR5 and DDR4/LPDDR4 modules up to 4800 MT/s.
- Nearly 3 times faster connectivity on exclusive high-speed channels without legacy Wi-Fi interference.
- Thunderbolt 4 support that deliver transfer speeds of up to 40Gbps.
Designed for enthusiast gamers, creators, and engineering professionals, the new mobile processors deliver desktop performance on the go. They will power systems starting in February 2022.
The expansive 12th Gen Intel Core mobile family also includes the new U- and P-series mobile processors. With up to 14 cores and 20 threads and features Intel Iris X integrated graphics. The new P-series processors operate at 28W base power and are designed for performance thin-and-light laptops. The U-series processors operate at 9 to 15W and are designed for form factor optimized thin-and-light laptops. Both the U- and P-series will be available in the first quarter of 2022. This include devices designed for both Windows and Chrome operating systems.
New Experiences for a Mobile World with Intel Evo
The launch also ushers in updates to the Intel Evo platform for laptops and other on-the-go form factors. More than 100 co-engineered designs with 12th Gen Intel Core mobile processors are expected to start passing Intel Evo verification. This includes the new foldable displays and H-series, as well as the U- and P-series. Most will be available for purchase in the first half of 2022.
Intelligent Collaboration are also added to the third-edition specifications. It ensures an enhanced experience when collaborating through video conferencing apps on a PC. Featuring technologies like AI-based background noise cancellation, integrated Wi-Fi 6E, Intel Connectivity Performance Suite, and optional AI-accelerated camera imaging effects.
Intel vPro Platform – Built for All Business
Intel is introducing new versions of the Intel vPro platform. It offers businesses a tailored approach that takes advantage of the enterprise-grade performance of the new processors.
- Intel vPro Enterprise: The full-featured platform with enterprise-grade computing, premium security, modern manageability and stability for managed businesses of all sizes. It now supports the Chrome operating system with Intel vPro® Enterprise for Chrome.
- Intel vPro an Intel Evo Design: Combines the benefits of Evo and vPro together for mobile professionals who need next-level user experiences.
- Intel vPro Essentials: Meets small-business foundational computing needs with built- in security features and performance, including basic PC management features.