ASUS Republic of Gamers recently announced the latest model in their ROG Zephyrus series, and the thinnest gaming laptop; the Zephyrus S (GX531).
At a mere 14.85~15.75mm thin, the Zephyrus S is the world’s thinnest gaming laptop, 12% slimmer than the original ROG Zephyrus. It is equipped with the latest Intel Core i7-8750H processor, and up to an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics. It also has a 15.6-inch display with a 144Hz refresh rate and 3ms response time, all in a 14.2-inch all-metal chassis.
Cooling this ultrathin gaming laptop is a difficult engineering feat. And so, ASUS and ROG thermal engineers developed the innovative Active Aerodynamic System (AAS) for the original Zephyrus. A special vent opens underneath the chassis when the lid of the laptop is lifted. This in turn, let the laptop draw in more cool air. The same design is also applied to the new Zephyrus S, improving the airflow by 22% compared to traditional designs.
ASUS ROG Zephyrus S Specifications
- Dimensions – 360 x 268 x 14.95~15.75 mm
- Weight – 2.1 kg
- Display – 15.6-inch Full HD (1920×1080) IPS-level panel, 144Hz, 3ms
- Processor – Intel® Core™ i7-8750H Processor 2.2 GHz
- Graphics – NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5
- Memory – DDR4 8GB (on board) + DDR4 2666MHz 8GB
- Storage – PCIE NVMe 512GB M.2 SSD
- I/O Ports –
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C™ (USB-C™)
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ (USB-C™)
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A
2 x USB 2.0 Type-A
1 x HDMI 2.0
1 x 3.5mm headphone and microphone combo jack
- Operating System – Windows 10 Home
- Power – 180W Power adaptor
The ASUS ROG Zephyrus S (GX531) will be available on October 2018 in all ROG stores nationwide. No local pricing announced yet.